|Bottom Line||WeGlot is a translation plugin that offers a lot more than just translations.||WPML is a translation platform that makes translations faster and easier to manage.|
|Pros||Easy to use and integrates well with other WordPress features, making it suitable for larger multilingual websites.||Easy to use and has some additional features that make it better suited for bloggers who want to create multilingual blogs.|
|Cons||Doesn’t offer as many customization options as some other plugins do.||Can take longer to translate a project with WPML|
Translation plugins are indispensable for any website that wants to make its content available in different languages. Whether you need to translate a blog post, an e-commerce storefront, or just a few pages of your website, these plugins can help get the job done quickly and easily.
However, choosing the right translation plugin is not easy. There are a lot of options out there, and it can be difficult to decide which one is right for your needs.
In this article, we will compare WeGlot vs WPML and outline their respective advantages and disadvantages.
So whether you’re looking for a plugin that’s easy to use, has a wide range of features, or is affordable, we’ve got you covered!
Weglot Vs WPML: An Overview
When it comes to translating content, there are a variety of translation plugins available on the market. Some of these plugins, such as WeGlot and WPML, are more popular than others. Here’s an overview of both:
WeGlot is one of the most popular translation plugins on the market. It has over 1 million active users and an average rating of 4.5 stars on the WordPress Plugin Directory. It has built-in features for translating your website into over 100 languages, as well as support for custom translation files. It has an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that makes creating new translations a breeze.
WeGlot also has a wide range of translation options. You can choose between automatic and manual translations, as well as between local and global translations. You can also choose to add captions or subtitles to your translations.
One of the best things about Weglot is its versatility. It allows you to manage your translations through one central location. You can use it to manage your translations, as well as to track your progress and check for errors. It also has a built-in comment system so you can keep track of your team’s comments and changes.
Overall, Weglot is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to manage their translations in a quick and easy way. Its versatile features make it an excellent choice for anyone from beginner translators to experienced professionals.
WPML is a WordPress language translation plugin that allows you to manage your website’s translatable content in one place. With WPML, you can add new translations without having to start from scratch, and you can keep your existing translations organized in one place.
One of the main benefits of using WPML is that it’s incredibly easy to set up. Once you have installed the plugin, you can start adding translations by entering the text you want to be translated into the “Translate This Page” field on your page.
Another benefit of using WPML is that it integrates with the WordPress admin panel. This means that you can easily manage your translations from within the WordPress admin area.
Additionally, WPML supports multilingual sites, so you can translate your content into multiple languages without having to use multiple translation plugins. WPML also allows you to manage site-wide translation files easily. This makes it great for large websites that have multiple languages.
Weglot Vs WPML: Installation
Both Weglot and WPML are translation plugins that allow you to translate content from one language to another easily. They both require a bit of installation, but the process is relatively simple. When you install WeGlot on your site, it will automatically be translated. On the other hand, when you install WPML on your site, you need to perform some additional steps to translate the content of your site into multiple languages.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to installing WeGlot on your WordPress site:
- To install Weglot, you first need to install the plugin from the WordPress Directory through 1-click installation.
- Next, you will need to create a WeGlot account.
- Provide your API key (you can obtain this from your personal WeGlot dashboard).
- Select the present language of your website, and then select the languages you want to translate your website content into.
- Tap on ‘Save’, and now you will have a complete multilingual website running successfully with an automatically added language switcher.
To install WPML on your website, you need to have a basic understanding of how WordPress works. Here’s a step-by-step guide to installing WPML on your WordPress site:
- Visit wpml.org and create an account.
- To get WPML working right, download 4 components: WPML Core Plugin, String Translation, Translation Management, and Media Translation in 4 separate zip files.
- Open the ‘Add Plugin’ section on your WordPress dashboard.
- Tap ‘Upload Plugin’ and upload your 4 zip files.
- Go again to the ‘WordPress Plugins Page and enable the plugins added now.
Weglot Vs WPML (Common Features)
Weglot and WPML are two of the most popular translation plugins available online. Both have a wide range of features that can be useful for translating websites and blogs. Here are some common features of Weglot and WPML:
Weglot is a translation plugin that provides a large pool of professional translators to whom you can give your content easily, and they translate your content in just a few minutes.
Weglot translators are experienced in a wide range of languages, so you can be sure that your translations will be accurate and linguistically correct.
WPML, on the other hand, sends your translation requirements to other services associated with it. They get access to your dashboard and translate the content available there.
If you’re looking for a professional translation service, Weglot is definitely worth considering.
Weglot can automatically translate websites while they are being loaded. It doesn’t require any manual addition of translated content. It provides automated translations in over 150+ languages so you can focus on other tasks while the plugin does the translation work.
WPML has over 50 languages that help to automatically translate your content into any language of your choice using Google Translate.
If you need accurate translations that are easy to use, Weglot is a perfect choice.
Weglot Vs WPML (Unique Features)
Weglot and WPML offer a variety of unique features that make them stand out from other translation plugins. Here are some of the key features of Weglot and WPML:
Here is a list of features that WeGlot comes with:
- Use machine translation to quickly and easily translate text from one language to another without any human interference.
- Allows users to redirect the entire website in a language preferred by a user without having to leave the website.
- Work well with most WordPress installations and plugins without any modifications.
- Has professional translators who are available 24/7 to help you with your translation needs.
- Automatically detect and correct errors in translations.
- Make your translation process faster and easier.
- Allows unlimited team members to collaborate on translations.
- Available on multiple platforms like WordPress, Bigcommerce, Shopify and Woocommerce, so you can use it no matter where you are.
Here is a list of features that WeGlot comes with:
- Compatible with most WordPress themes. This means that you don’t have to worry about whether or not your theme has the necessary features to support WPML.
- Has an efficient translation management system. You can manage translations through an easy-to-use interface and add new translations without any prior experience in translation software.
- Offers a host of add-ons like WPML String Translation, WPML Media Translation, and WPML translation management that allow you to customize its features to match your specific needs.
- Has a team of professional translators who are able to handle even the most complex translations.
Weglot Vs WPML: Pros & Cons
Both Weglot and WPML have their own strengths and weaknesses, but in the end, it comes down to your preference and which translation project you are undertaking. Here, we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of each plugin so that you can make an informed decision about which one is right for your needs.
- It is easy to use. Just select the language you want to translate from and click on the button to begin.
- Weglot’s drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to add new translations, change existing translations, or export translations into various formats.
- Weglot has a comprehensive database of translations so that you can find the right source language and translation style for your project.
- It offers automatic translation and manual translation options, both of which are incredibly easy to use and operate.
- Weglot also has a wide range of 150+ supported languages.
- Weglot has a great support team that can help you with any questions or issues you might have.
- It can be expensive. Although the prices vary depending on which plan of Weglot you buy, it can still be expensive compared to other translation tools.
- After you cancel the subscription, the plugin will stop downloading new translations from the source, and your translations will be lost.
- WPML allows you to create custom post types for translations, as well as translatable comments.
- It has integration with many platforms, such as WordPress MU and Magento.
- The plugin allows you to manage translations from a centralized location, making updates and corrections a breeze.
- The plugin also has a built-in SEO tool that helps you improve the visibility of your translations on the internet.
- The plugin has a user-friendly interface so that you can make changes to your translations without difficulty.
- The plugin can slow down your website significantly if used incorrectly. For example, if you are translating large chunks of text, the plugin may run slower than usual.
- It can be more challenging to add new translations or change existing translations in WPML.
- Manual translation can take time, and the plugin requires a lot of manual effort to set up and maintain.
Weglot Vs WPML: Pricing
The Weglot Translation Plugin offers a variety of pricing options to fit your needs.
Weglot offers a free trial. The free plan allows users to translate up to 2,000 words but only in one language.
Other than the free plan, there are five plans available: Starter, Business, Pro, Advanced and Extended.
Starter Plan: The Starter Plan is priced at $120 per year and allows up to 10,000 words to be translated at once. The translation is available in only one language.
Business Plan: The Business Plan is priced at $230 per year and allows upto 50000 words to be translated at once. The translation is available in three different languages.
Pro Plan: The Pro Plan is priced at $593 per year and allows upto 200000 words to be translated at once. The translation is available in five different languages.
Advanced Plan: The Pro Plan is priced at $2408 per year and allows upto one million words to be translated at once. The translation is available in ten different languages.
Extended Plan: The Extended Plan is priced at $6037 per year and allows unlimited words to be translated into any language you want.
WPML offers three different pricing plans:
The Blog Plan: This plan is the most economical solution for multilingual WordPress blogs that require basic translation controls and a few add-ons. This plan allows you to install the WPML plugin on only one of your sites, and you can get this plan for $29.
The CMS Plan: This plan comes with all the available add-ons and is perfect for multilingual WordPress websites. This plan allows you to install WPML on three sites and cost you $79.
The Agency Plan: This is the most expensive plan of WPML that comes with unlimited site installation. It is highly suitable for large agencies that build many sites. This plan is priced at $159.
You will get 1 year of free updates and premium support with all plans of WPML. If the plugin doesn’t work upto the mark, you can ask for a refund within 30 days of purchase.
Weglot Vs WPML: Which One to Choose
Are you still confused about which plugin to choose? I have personally reviewed and tested both translation plugins and arrived at the conclusion that Weglot is better than WPML.
No doubt, WPML may be cheaper than Weglot at first glance, but the latter offers a much richer feature set that makes it better for larger websites.
So, to me, Weglot is better than WPML, and I can say that because of the following reasons:
- Advanced Features
- Ease Of Use and Installation
- Number of Integrations
- Translation quality
- Translation Speed
- Customer Support
Use Weglot if:
- You need a translation app that is easy to use.
- You need automatic translation
- You need a large number of integrations.
- You need to import and export translations.
- You need an extensive language support feature that allows you to translate between multiple languages.
- You need to translate large files without experiencing any delays.
Use WPML if:
- You have a WordPress website.
- You have a limited budget.
- You are fine with slower translation speeds.
- You need less flexibility when it comes to translations.
- You need limited customization options.
Overall, Weglot is our recommendation for those looking for a comprehensive multilingual plugin that offers exceptional translation capabilities.
Weglot Vs WPML: Quick Comparison
|Ease of Use||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited Team Collaboration||Yes||No|
|Themes and Plugin Compatibility||Yes||Yes|