Langify vs Weglot
|Simple and affordable
|Advanced and pricey
|An affordable Shopify translation app, ideal for beginners and non-techies.
|One of the most advanced Shopify translation app with different plans and integrations.
|Easy to use and much cheaper than Weglot.
|Easy to use and has a lot of advanced features. Comes with a lot of important integrations.
|Just one plan and very limited integrations.
|Certainly, not the cheapest option and some plans are too pricey.
There are as many as 24 million eCommerce sites across the world and this is how big the eCommerce industry is. And 61% of the USA customers made a purchase based on blog recommendations.
Around 87% of the merchants run their stores on Shopify. Merchants are constantly working hard on cross-border eCommerce. That’s where multilingual sites come into play and can largely improve ROI.
Langify and Weglot are the two best Shopify translation tools. Both the tools are extensively used and make Shopify translation a breeze.
But, how do you choose between the two?
Langify or Weglot.
A lot depends on what you need for your business.
In this post, I will walk you through the various aspects of the two Shopify translation tools, starting from the setup to their features and pricing.
By the time you reach the end of this post, you should not have any difficulty in determining which one of these two Shopify multilingual apps is the right Shopify language translation app for your business.
Let’s dive in…
What Is a Shopify Language Translation App?
A Shopify language translation app is an application or tool that helps you create multilingual translated versions of your store or specific content with separate URLs for geo-targeting.
For example, you can have an URL especially for serving the content translated in French, and have another URL for serving the German version of the same content.
Langify vs Weglot: An Introduction To Shopify Translation Tools
Langify is an intuitive multilingual Shopify translation app that comes with an easy-to-use interface and SEO-friendly features. Using this tool, you could either translate the specific text or phrase or your entire Shopify store to help your business make the most out of foreign markets and provide customers with their preferred language to boost sales.
Besides, Langify ensures the translated content is SEO-friendly and the tool does it by using dedicated language-specific URLs, optimized hreflang, and canonical tags. This also helps in faster indexing of your translated content.
Weglot is another brilliant tool to effortlessly create multilingual versions of a website or a store. The tool comes with more than 100 languages and is exceptionally easy to integrate and use. Besides, it helps you create SEO-optimized pages.
The tool translates the pages using an automatic and human translation by the best machine learning providers. The tool helps you serve the pages in your audience’s preferred language based on their browser settings.
Langify vs Weglot: Features
It is important to understand the key differences between the two tools. Don’t worry, I will provide you with the list of features that the two tools offer.
Once you go through the list, it should give you a clear picture of which tool offers you the best for your Shopify translation. The choice may however differ from person to person and one’s level of comfort with the tools
Here is the list of features that Langify comes with:
- Exceptionally easy to use interface
- Translate text and pages using the Rich-Text-Editor
- No coding required
- Dedicated language-specific URLs for all pages
- Automatically add optimized hreflang and canonical tags
- Fast indexing by all the major search engines
- Easily import and export translations in CSV, PO, or MO format
Here is the list of features that Weglot comes with:
- Easy and quick to install
- Automatically detects content for translation
- Allows you to collaborate with your team members
- Allows you to manage all translations from one place
- Uses automatic and human translation from the best machine learning providers
- SEO optimized translated pages with automatic indexing
- Auto-redirection based on browser settings
Langify vs Weglot: Pricing
As always, pricing is a crucial factor and we have to be pretty careful about this aspect. One wise way to go about it is checking if the price of a product is available for is worth paying.
Besides, a lot depends on your budget and the kind of features that you badly need for your Shopify store. Price is, of course, a very crucial aspect, however, you must not compromise on quality for the price. A reliable Shopify translation app can create wonders in terms of sales.
However, as far as the pricing of the two tools goes, they have completely different pricing models. Let me walk you through the pricing of the two Shopify translation apps and you can decide which one you are most comfortable with.
- One and only plan: $17.50, Unlimited Manual Translations, Full SEO support, Unlimited Import and Exports, and 24 hours Premium Support
- Free: 2000 words, 1 translated language
- Starter: ￡99 per year, 10,000 words, 1 translated language
- Business:￡190 per year, 50,000 words, 3 translated languages
- Pro: ￡490 per year, 200,000 words, 5 translated languages
- Advanced: ￡1990 per year, 1,000,000, 10 translated languages
Weglot also allows you to have a custom plan based on your usage and you can do it by contacting the sales team. Now that, you have seen the pricing of both the products, it should make it a bit easy for you to choose between the two Shopify translation apps.
As far as my view goes, Langify is certainly much cheaper than Weglot but again, it doesn’t offer customers more than one option to choose from. On the other hand, Weglot has as many as 5 options for the customers to choose from.
However, it is not the cheapest option for sure. If you are still not being able to decide on the best Shopify translation software, don’t worry, and let’s consider a few important factors to decide on this.
Langify vs Weglot: Ease of Use
Even though both the Shopify translation apps claim to be pretty user-friendly, it’s never wise to take their word for it without having an in-depth analysis of the factor. I tested both the tools, spending some hours, and reached some interesting conclusions.
- Installation is super simple
- Easy to translate content
- Comes with an easy setup
- Translation is pretty intuitive and effortless
- Easy to integrate with other marketing tools
Langify vs Weglot: Integrations With Other Tools
It is important to always ensure whatever tool you use integrates with your other important tools. That way, you can have a single point of control for all your marketing tools. It’s time to look at the Langify and Weglot integrations.
When it comes to integration, Langify doesn’t have a whole lot of integrations but it offers you some integrations with some important platforms.
Langify comes with the following third-party integrations:
- Cross-Sell (v1)
- Store Pickup + Delivery (v1)
- Theme integration with langify (v1 – for developers)
- Searchanise – for langify (v1)
- InstantSearch+ Integration (v1)
Weglot has comparatively more integrations than Langify and offers you integrations with many important platforms.
Besides Shopify, Weglot seamlessly integrates with:
- Adobe Dreamweaver
Langify vs Weglot: Support
Support is another extremely important factor when choosing an online tool and you never know when you get caught up with some technical difficulties. At times like these, a brilliant customer support service can be the biggest relief.
Langify comes with 24 hours Premium support and whenever you have any technical issues, you can email the Langify support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Besides, it also has a comprehensive knowledge base for quick reference.
Weglot offers you excellent support either and it covers documentation, API status, and email.
Langify vs Weglot: And the Winner Is…
Aren’t you still able to decide on this yet? I have used both the tools and after having spent a lot of time with both the tools, I found Weglot to be better than Langify.
Of course, there is no denying the fact that Langify is much cheaper than Weglot but again what we are looking for is a powerful Shopify translation tool that will help you reach out to more customers in their preferred languages and help you make the most out of cross-border eCommerce.
So, to me, Weglot is better than Langify and I reached this conclusion based on a few factors such as:
- Ease of installation and use
- Number of plans
- Number of integrations
- Automatic redirection
- Automatic and human translation by the best machine learning providers
- Team Collaboration
Use Langify if:
- You have a tight budget and need an affordable translation app
- You don’t care about too many integrations
- You don’t need advanced features such as auto redirection
- You need an easy and effective tool for Shopify translation
- You don’t need human translation by the best machine learning providers
Use Weglot if:
- You need a Shopify translation app with the most advanced features
- You need a large number of integrations
- You need more than one plans to choose from
- You need automatic redirection
- You need automatic and human translation by the best machine learning providers
- You are looking for good team collaboration
Langify vs Weglot: A Quick Comparison of Shopify Translation Apps
|$17.50 one time
|￡99 per year
|Unlimited team collaboration
|Auto content detection for translation