|Bottom Line||WeGlot is a SaaS platform that makes it simple to translate the content of your Shopify shop. Its plugins can identify and redirect the desired browsing languages of the viewers.||Langify enables ecommerce businesses to detect and translate the content of their Shopify shops easily into different languages without having to write any codes.||LangShop's efficient program not only translates 240+ languages but also converts 80 currencies to create an online multilingual and multi-currency Shopify store and expand it globally.|
|Pros||1. It's very easy to install, set up, and use. 2. You can manage all of your translations in one place. 3. Set the color of the translate button to match the design and theme of your website.||1. It enables translations from right to left. 2. Creating and modifying Shopify content auto-translations. 3. You can set the tool's fundamentals with just a few clicks, such as the language converter, currencies, and redirects||1. Export and import multilingual data from your shop in a variety of formats: XLS, XML, CSV, JSON. 2. A user-friendly dashboard maintains a record of all your translations and languages. 3. It offers content translation for third-party apps.|
|Cons||1. The tool misses support for subdomains as well as an export and import option. 2. The limitless language selection is not included in the basic membership||1. Despite its extensive functionality, the application is quite costly. 2. Slow response time and loading speed.||1. There is no way to have translation features without having SEO features, making it a costly solution. 2. Only premium membership packs have access to a special API interface.|
How about calling out 7 million people from all over the world to shop from your eCommerce store?
Amazing. Isn’t it?
But how’s that possible?
With more than 1.7 million merchants using the world’s leading eCommerce platform to sell their products and services, it is quite challenging to stand out among your competitors and get more and more people to buy from your Shopify store.
However, by selling to a larger share of the audience internationally, you can easily boost your Shopify sales and generate greater revenue. In order to do this, you need to make it easy for each and every customer to be able to shop from your Shopify store, i.e., to make it multilingual.
Today, 58% of e-commerce sales are made in countries that speak other languages along with English. The number is expected to exceed 65% in the next five years.
This is because customers all across the world appreciate being able to view content in their own native language. They get a better grasp of your marketing, product specifications, shipping, and return policies if they read it in their native language.
Not only that, translating your store’s content into the local languages of your present and potential customers will gain your customers’ faith in your brand and increase your customer base, eventually leading to increased sales.
Today, in this article, we will guide you about the best Shopify Translation Apps, where you can easily pick the most suitable app to convert the content of your online Shopify store into multiple languages.
What is a Shopify translation app?
A Shopify translation app is a solution that allows you to quickly convert the content of your Shopify store into multiple languages within minutes.
Once you download and install the ideal app and start implementing several languages into your store, you can quickly expand your online business beyond your expectations by selling your brand’s services and products to people all around the world.
How can Shopify multilingual apps impact your online business?
Shopify powers more than a million eCommerce websites, making up almost 27% of the total market share. Despite this, it is quite surprising that many websites still don’t emphasize enough the ‘multilingual’ aspect of their Shopify store.
To make your store multilingual, Shopify multilingual apps are here for your rescue. These translation apps help you localize your site in order to market its products and services abroad in the following ways:
1. Drives More Traffic To Your Shop
To grow your business worldwide, you need to make your Shopify store content searchable in multiple languages. Multi-language support will help in increasing your targeted customer base.
This way, Google and other search engines would be able to index them quickly. And once your store ranks high, it will automatically draw as many customers as possible.
2. Get More Customers
To make your Shopify store accessible for customers worldwide, you need to translate it into different languages.
For instance, imagine if you’re looking to buy trekking shoes online and you only know the English language. Now you will not buy from a site that’s in Chinese or Spanish because you don’t understand that language.
In the same manner, non-English speakers will not buy from a site that is in English. And only 25% of the online users are English speaking. That means your store will remain non-useful for the remaining 75% of the online population, and it’s really scary.
Therefore, translating your Shopify store into multiple languages will help you get a whole new range of potential clients and visitors to your site globally.
3. Reduce Bounce Rate
Not being able to assist your customers in their native language is the biggest reason they leave your site without taking any action.
Likewise, if you will add multiple languages to your website, you’ll be able to reach out to a broader audience belonging to numerous languages, social backgrounds, and different ethnic groups. This will help reduce the bounce rate on your site and increase conversion rates.
4. Onsite Native Language Experience
Shopify’s multilingual apps can help your consumers find your webpage in their native language. And by providing your audience the content in their native language, you can boost your business reputation.
It will help you interact with your audience more effectively in the language they prefer and increase the chances of them becoming potential customers of your business.
5. Creating a Multilingual Shopify Store
There are mainly two ways with which you can create a Multilingual Shopify store:
One is by using or creating multilingual themes. Even though this option has been an effective way for years, they are no more in use due to these drawbacks:
- Only a few organizations create multilingual themes.
- Managing various posts and sites is quite difficult.
- There are no checkout or email translations available.
So, since the first option for using or creating multilingual themes is no longer effective in the eCommerce businesses of present times, the second and the only option you have to opt for is taking the help of the Shopify translation apps or multilingual apps.
10 Best Shopify Language Translation App
Finding the best Shopify translation apps for your eCommerce store is a tedious task. Therefore, we have compiled the list of the 10 best Shopify language translation apps for you.
These apps help you to create translated versions of your Shopify store in order to make it more accessible for international consumers who prefer to see the content of your site in their native language.
There are lots of Shopify translation apps out there for you to choose from.
Here are the top Shopify multi-language apps that you can consider:
WeGlot Shopify translation app is a highly compatible translation app that allows you to quickly convert your Shopify store into multiple languages without having the knowledge of coding. The tool lets you customize and manage translations for all of your Shopify content, even content published with other Shopify apps.
In a nutshell, it’s a one-stop Shopify solution for expanding your business internationally.
- An easy-to-use intuitive dashboard for managing or editing translations; proactive and quick customer care service.
- Shopify applications like PickyStory Bundle widgets work pretty well with WeGlot.
- Your store is automatically and professionally translated with no use of coding.
- Checkouts in many languages, dynamic content, and email alerts.
- Its excellent SEO features follow Google’s multilingual SEO guidelines and practices to help rank your store high all over the globe.
- Consumers could be redirected to the appropriate language based on their browsing language.
- Charge: €99 per year or €9.90 per month
- Trial: The very first 2,050 words for translation are free.
Langify is another great Shopify language translation application to use if you are looking for a reputable multilingual store management tool. For every language, the solution forms a different subdomain, so you do not have the need for multiple sites per language.
The tool also includes SEO techniques for every language and sitemaps. Other than that, it has good compatibility with RTL (right-to-left) translations.
- Automatically check or identify the language of the customer.
- Enable translation files to be imported and exported in popular formats such as CSV, JSON, etc.
- It also improves the meta tags for translated languages, letting your site appear higher in Google SERPs.
- You can host your translated shop on numerous domains and deploy your Shopify swiftly and efficiently once the translation is done.
- Focus on providing complete SEO assistance.
- Image translation is possible.
Charge: Shop owners have to pay a monthly fee of $17.50 to use the application.
Trial: A 7-day free trial of the Langify translation app is available.
LangShop is an easy-to-install app that allows you to translate your content, encompassing the content from third-party applications, dynamic and static texts, emails, checkouts, alerts, etc.
All you have to do is pick languages for the translation, specify the areas you want to make multilingual, and begin with the translation.
- You can translate the content of your Shopify store into more than 240 different languages.
- Multi-currency converters are supported.
- It is useful for assessing text that has been translated.
- Controlling multilingual content from a single page is simple.
- Identify the website visitor’s language and currency instantly.
- Translation services for checkout and SMS/email alerts are available.
- Charge: Monthly $34 (No limits for translated characters, words, and pageviews)
- Trial: 14-day free trial
The Translate My Store tool is quite simple to use and set up. It provides fantastic SEO service to the shop owners, allowing them to rank their online store high for possible global customers.
This is an absolutely free translation app for Shopify, and you could use it to translate different parts of your site, such as the product and checkout pages as well as the blogs.
- Automatic AI Translation Assistance
- Pricing is determined by a variety of currencies and regions.
- It provides a fully adjustable language changer on your store’s website.
- It gives a more smooth multilingual experience without slowing down the loading time of your site.
- Free Plan, which is free to install
- Basic Plan – Monthly $9.99
- Pro Plan – Monthly $19.99
- Business Plan – Monthly $49.99
ConveyThis is another great Shopify language translation app for online translation because it is so simple to use and set up. It allows you to convert your internet business into over 90 languages without needing any software-related knowledge or abilities.
If you find any faults or errors in the translation, you can quickly and easily modify them or get further expert proofreading assistance.
- The ability to sell your items to clients all across the world.
- Modify existing translations with a simple interface.
- Conversion tracking and optimization dashboard.
- Delegation of the entire process of translation
- The language button is customizable.
- Charge: Monthly $5.49.
- Trial: 7-day free trial.
GTranslate is a robust Shopify app that can easily translate and showcase your Shopify site in over one hundred languages with the help of automatic services from Bing and Google Translate.
You will have access to a dashboard after you have upgraded to the premium version, in which you can actively change all of your automated translations and monitor the visitor traffic viewing your translation.
- Create multi-language SEO to help your page be discovered all around the world.
- There are a variety of approaches to assist users in determining the correct language for themselves.
- It uses complex SEO capabilities and translates your shop into numerous languages.
- Enable a sub-domain for your translated languages and manually modify translations.
- It provides high-quality cognitive translation.
- Free Plan with limited Features
- Bilingual Plan – Monthly $9.99
- Startup Plan – Monthly $19.99
- Business Plan – Monthly $29.99
The Translation Lab is a top-rated Shopify language translation app with a simple yet powerful interface that gives you complete control over each and every translatable resource in your Shopify store. It provides translations in numerous languages and dramatically boosts your shop’s earnings.
It integrates seamlessly with Shopify’s multi-language capability without uploading complicated codes or performing technical tasks.
- Translates any aspect of your Shopify store content, including the product pages, meta fields, emails, SMS, checkouts, and blogs.
- Offers AI-assisted translations that improve the customers’ experiences in various parts of the globe.
- Add a customized language switcher to your Shopify store, as well as separate URLs for every translated website to be recognized immediately.
- Enables you to execute mass translations.
- Has SEO tools that let your Shopify store acquire popularity by ranking your site in the translated languages.
- A free plan that enables users up to 2K words.
- Pro Plan starts at $9.99 per month and enables up to 50K words.
Localizer can be used on any e-commerce website. It is both mobile and tablet compatible, has a completely customizable widget, and requires only one line of code to set up.
With just a few keystrokes, you can create content filters and internal teams and control anything in your native language using the amazing and intuitive visual editor. You could even monitor the development of your localization initiatives using specific, detailed analytics with this app.
- Display the appropriate language to the right user at the right moment depending on the URL, geo-IP, user agent, etc.
- The widgets for currency and language are highly adaptable and will easily suit well with your existing site design.
- The User Experience (UX) Localization feature alters your images and designs for every dialect to give the users a completely localized experience.
- The currency conversion is handled in real-time based on geolocation and language.
- It uses localized meta tags to provide content in a specific language under a subdomain or separate domain.
- Free Plan
- Startup Plan – Monthly $20
- Enterprise Plan – Monthly $250
9. Multi Lingo
The Multi Lingo Shopify translation app is quite simple to set up and navigate for anyone. It is robust software with RTL translation support as well as some other customization features. Your site would never face any sort of loading speed or uptime issues as it is hosted on Amazon’s cloud servers.
With the help of the software, you can effortlessly add international languages to your shop and display your items in the native language of your visitors. Another important advantage of the multi-lingo app is that it saves all your translated data on your Shopify server, which means you don’t need to use a third-party application.
- Create a multilingual variant of any Shopify design or theme.
- It provides unique URLs for each language.
- Any language that is included in your theme is easily available on the app.
- It can translate products, pages, menus, titles, and other elements of your Shopify webpage.
- It also provides for automatic email translations and RTL language translations.
- Charge: Monthly $599.
- Trial: A free 5-day trial.
10. Tantum Translate
This Shopify tool automatically translates your shop’s content into over 100 languages, such as the writing on your checkout web pages. It also helps you to understand which pages of your Shopify store can boost your sales so that you can increase your advertising budget for those pages.
It is also very simple to set up, comes in dark and light themes or designs, and is suited for devices such as tablets, mobile phones, etc.
- No coding knowledge is necessary to translate your shop into 100+ languages quickly.
- It translates your pages quickly with high accuracy.
- Gain access to new customers from all over the globe.
- For the machine translation selection widget, the app uses a mobile-friendly theme.
- Charge: Monthly $3.99.
- Trial: 6-day free trial.
How to choose the right Shopify translation app for your business?
To determine the right Shopify app for your business, it’s vital to focus on some essential qualities, which we have listed below:
1. Multilingual Accessibility
To begin with, ensure that the translation tool covers all of the languages into which you wish to translate your content. Remember that if your business expands, you will most likely include more languages than you originally planned.
As a result, it’s advisable to use a Shopify language translation app that supports many languages. Other than that, you can also verify whether the translation app enables automated, manual, or both translations before going for it.
2. Multi-language SEO
It would simply be useless to have a translated shop if your Shopify translation app does not include capabilities for multi-language SEO. This is because multi-language SEO is what helps your global clients locate your shop when they are using search terms or keywords in their native language to browse for what they need.
Thus, for a properly globalized experience, you will need to translate your entire store, including email alerts, displays or visuals, and checkouts in different languages.
3. Simple Installation & Implementation
The best Shopify language translation app should be user-friendly, simple to use, and require no coding or additional programming experience. This will help you make your online business and web page multilingual and launch it without any sort of unnecessary delay or difficulty.
4. Good Customer Care Service
Lastly, a reliable Shopify language translation app must be affordable and accessible to 24/7 customer care services, as well as provide continuous updates and upgrades.
This is because a Shopify translation application or tool should be completely technologically advanced to provide services, so it is also vital to keep that technology up-to-date.
Final Verdict: Which Shopify Translation App You Should Choose?
All the Shopify language translation apps described above can translate your store, making it tough to choose the best one. But don’t be concerned! Here, I have compiled a list of 3 of my personal favorite Shopify language translation apps that you can definitely consider using for your shop:
- WeGlot is my first preference for Shopify language translation app. By utilizing Shopify’s new Translation API, the app can easily add new languages or dialects to your online store. It can efficiently manage how your products, assortments, and so on are interpreted.
- Langify is my second recommendation for the best Shopify language translation app. Just like WeGlot, it can swiftly convert the shop’s content into a wide range of languages to attract more customers from all around the globe. You can maximize the visibility and traffic of your site by making your translation available to all search engines.
- LangShop is my third most preferred Shopify translation app. With just a few keystrokes, the content is translated into multiple languages without any coding. The app adheres to Google’s multilingual SEO guidelines, which means your store is indexed, and the content is accessible in several languages.
|App||Pricing||Multilingual Support||SEO Feature||Free Trial|
|WeGlot||€99/year||Translation of content is available in over 100 languages.||✓||For the first 2050 words.|
|Langify||$17.50/month||All kinds of languages are supported.||✓||A 7-day free trial is available.|
|LangShop||$34/month||Automatic translation is available into 241 languages.||✓||14- Days free trial.|
|Translate my store||Free to install $9.99/month $19.99/month $49.99/month||You can translate your content in 103 languages.||✓||Free to install and use forever.|
|ConveyThis||$5.49/month||100+ popular languages are supported.||✓||7-days free trial.|
|GTranslate||Free Plan $9.99/month $19.99/month $29.99/month||Translate and display the content of your online store in 103 languages.||✓||Free plan is available but with limited features.|
|Translation lab||Free Plan $9.99/month||Able to translate in 100+ languages||✓||Free to use for lifetime validity.|
|Localizer||Free Plan 20/month 250/month||Accessible to over 90 languages.||✓||No free trial is available|
|Multi Lingo||$599/month||-||✓||5-days free trial.|
|Tantum Translate||$3.99/month||Provide more than 100 languages.||×||6-day free trial.|