SEO statistics can help you know about how things are working these days and what strategies you need to work on for your business.
Here in this post, I will talk about 100+ SEO statistics for 2021 that will help you know about several tactics and things to explore.
Let us have a look at the SEO statistics you need to know about…
Top SEO Statistics
In this section, we will look at some of the most critical statistics about search engines and optimization. There are several surveys and studies carried forward to fetch these SEO stats; let’s have a look at them:
- More than 53% of US people say they constantly research the product on search engines before deciding to buy it. With the help of this research, they can make a better purchase decision. 
- Google considers more than 200 factors in its algorithm for ranking a website. Usually, we don’t keep an eye on all those 200 factors, but if we precisely check them out, we can boost our rankings amazingly. 
- A survey figured out that the first result in Google can get around 32% of all clicks. That’s why we all do our best to make our web page reach up the first result of the Google search engine. 
- More than 60% of the pages that you see being ranked on the top 10 Google search results are three or more years old. Growing organically through SEO can take time, but every single second spend on ranking our website helps generate results. 
- More than 49% of marketers believe that organic search offers the best ROI of any marketing channel. 
- There are an average of 1447 words on the pages ranking on the first page of Google. 
- Google has around 86.86% of the search engine market. 
- The top 3 factors for Google’s search results are links, content, and RankBrain. 
- The organic search from Google is responsible for around 59% of the world’s website traffic, which states most users reach their required webpages using the organic search. 
- The average salary of an SEO expert is around $60.5K per year. 
- On the first page itself the first five organic results accounts for 67.6% of all the clicks. 
- Delay of a single second in page loading can lead to a 7% reduction rate in sales and engagement, hence that makes on-page seo extremely important thing to do. 
- The average cost of publishing a paid guest post is $77. 
- Websites ranked first on desktop searches for informational intent queries recorded a 1.31% decrease in CTR. 
Do people research the products they are going to buy online?
Yes, several people will research the product they are going to buy online. More than 53% of the US audience carries forward online research on that product for its reviews before buying a product online.
Are organic search results helpful in generating results for your business?
A survey found that more than 49% of marketers believe that organic search results offer the best ROI of any marketing channel, which states that you would generate amazing results through organic searches.
Is there a particular word limit to rank your webpage on the first page of search results?
Yes, it is found that there are an average of 1447 words on the pages that are ranked first on the Google search engine organically.
Voice-Based Search SEO
Voice search is the next big thing, and it has already started replacing traditional text-based searches. With the help of voice searches, you can get faster and better results without touching your phone or keyboard.
Hence Voice-based search have different seo tactics, and here we are going to have a look at all those SEO statistics:
- HTTPS websites are picked more often during voice search result pages. The percentage is around 70.4. So if you are optimizing your webpage for voice search seo, then make sure to move forward with HTTPS. 
- Voicebot.ai reports that over half of the adults have used voice search, with 33% using voice search monthly in early 2019. 
- If you have a website with better and strong link authority, it will rank well in voice search. 
- Most of the voice search consists of around 29 words. 
- Using schema accounts for 36.4% of voice search results, while on the other hand, the global average is around 31.3% of all searches. 
- People usually make voice searches of trending things, it was found that the average Google Voice Search result receives 1199 Facebook shares and 44 Tweets. 
- In a recent survey by ComScore, it was figured out that voice search queries would account for half of the search being carried forward online by 2021. 
- With the help of voice searches, local businesses can generate 3x results from it. 
- If your page is ranking within the top 3 pages of Google search engine, then there are 75% chances that your results will be considered under Voice searches. 
- The average page Google voice search results comprise 2312 words. 
- Voice search results get loaded 52% faster than other kinds of searches. The time duration for voice search results recorded are 4.6 seconds. 
- Voice search results reading level is considered as 9th grade. 
Is voice search faster than other types of online search methods?
Yes, with the help of which voice searches, you would get 52% faster results. The average time period recorded for showing up voice search results are 4.6 seconds.
What are most of the voice searches carried forward on?
Voice searches are carried forward mostly on trending topics; It is found that the average voice search has around 1199 Facebook shares and 44 tweets.
How many people use voice search on mobile?
Google found out that 27% of the world’s population uses the voice search feature on mobile that is around 1.1 billion smartphone users.
Statistics for Video SEO
Video-based content is growing, and almost every online platform promotes the reach of such content, with the help of which the users can grow efficiently. But to make your videos reach the right audience, you need to optimize your content.
Hence in this section, we will talk about some of the most important statistics related to video seo.
- There is no relation between the youtube rankings and video descriptions that are optimized with targeted keywords. 
- Posts with attached videos can get more backlinks. Hence you would be able to notice a boost of upto 157% in search traffic. 
- The more the subscribers bought by a video on youtube, the higher its ranking would be. 
- If you are posting high-definition videos on Youtube, then the chances of getting that video to the first-page increase by 68.2%. 
- The average length of first page videos on youtube are 14 minutes 50 seconds. 
- More comments, view count, number of shares, and likes helps you in a higher ranking of a youtube video. 
- Videos add up to 2 minutes of time users spend on your website. 
- Video results are more likely to rank by 50x on Google search results rather than text-based results. 
- Video results in Google search results increased by 75% by 2017. 
- Google video ranking factors are entirely different from Youtube video ranking factors. 
- The Youtube recommendation algorithm determines 70% of videos watched. 
- Youtube videos have high audience retention and watch time. 
- The First 10 to 15 seconds of a video are crucial for the success of a Youtube video. 
Does adding videos to your blog enhance the bounce rate?
If you add videos to your blog, it has been noticed that it adds up to 2 minutes on your website.
Do the Google video ranking factors work the same as the Youtube video ranking factors?
No, both ranking factors are different. Because those videos that rank on Google’s first page are not available on Youtube trending pages, and the same is the case with Youtube ranking.
Can we upload our videos in any quality and still reach upto the first ranking page?
In a survey, it was found that first page videos on Youtube are HD quality videos. So the quality of your videos matters if you want to rank them higher.
Local SEO Statistics
Most people think that focusing on one type of seo will help them generate results in both the international and local markets. But that is not a fact because if you want to grow your business locally, you need to focus on local SEO.
Here are a few local seo statistics that you need to know.
- It was figured out 28% of local searches result in a purchase. 
- Whenever a person searches for a local business or products, 76% of people visit that business within 1 day. 
- A yelp page is present in the top 5 search results of 92% of search queries that comprise a city and business category. 
- A survey by Fresh Chalk found that more than 25% of small business websites don’t have an H1 tag. 
- More than 46% of all searches on Google are for a local business. 
- “Where to buy” and “Near me” search queries have been grown around 200% in the past two years. 
- While searching for local businesses, consumers use mapping applications 44% of the time. 
- 92% of people on Yelp are looking for local businesses they can return to. 
- 82% of consumers will not choose employers with less than three stars. 
- 48.6% of US Google searches are solved without a click. 
- 56% of US customers have searched for a local business through their smartphone, so mobile optimization is also a crucial step for you. 
- 18% of local searches led to sales, while 7% of non-local searches lead to sales. 
Is local SEO optimization important?
Yes, optimizing local SEO is essential as with the help of this, you would be able to target your local audience. Hence in a survey, it was found that 28% of local searches lead to a product purchase.
Do people search for local businesses?
Yes, it has been noticed that more than 46% of Google searches are for local businesses.
What’s the future of “Nearby me” search queries?
From the past years, “nearby me” based search results have increased by 200%.
Mobile SEO Statistics
Google algorithms have recently made a change of switching to mobile-first indexing from desktop-first indexing. Because most of the google searches are being carried forward from mobile nowadays, you need to know several mobile SEO statistics for betterment.
- 20% of search queries on mobile are carried forward through voice searches. 
- 87% of smartphone owners use a search engine daily. 
- The First organic listing on mobile receives around 27.7% of clicks. 
- 51% of smartphone users have found a new company while making searches on mobile. 
- Organic CTR on mobile is 50% less than that of a desktop. 
- 58% of all Google searches come from mobile platforms. 
- By 2025, 75% of internet users are going to access the internet through mobile devices. 
- Long-tail keywords have a click-thru rate of 3-5% higher than generic searches on Google. 
Is the organic CTR of mobile platforms the same as desktop?
No, organic CTR on mobile platforms is 50% less than that of a desktop.
Why do we need to invest our time in mobile SEO?
It is found that 58% of Google searches come from mobile platforms and this percentage is increasing day by day. So this is one of the most important reasons to invest in mobile SEO.
How are long-tail keywords helpful in Mobile SEO?
By using long-tail keywords, you would take advantage of a 3-5% higher click-thru rate.
Backlinks are one of the most crucial factors for your website if you want to get organic search traffic. It is also noticed that those websites with no backlinks are unable to get any organic traffic.
Here are a few backlinks statistics that will help you grow:
- Companies with a blog on their website can receive more than 97% of backlinks to their sites. 
- In a study by Ahrefs found that 43.7% of top-ranking pages in Google contain reciprocal links. 
- The first ranking page on Google gets around 5-14.5% of more dofollow backlinks. 
- Long content receives 77.2% more backlinks than short articles. 
- A study by Backlinko found that the number of domains linking with a page was the major factor behind ranking on Google. 
- Websites with more unique root domains outrank the websites with less unique root domains. 
- 65% of digital marketers think that link building is one of the most complex parts. 
- Listicle content generates the highest amount of backlinks. 
- 90% of marketers use content pieces to get backlinks to their website. 
- More than half of marketers in the world think that nofollow links are important for your backlink profile. 
- 58.1% of marketers think that backlinks have a significant impact on search engine rankings. 
What type of articles can generate higher numbers of backlinks?
It is found that lengthy content receives around 77.2% more backlinks than short articles.
Do websites contain reciprocal links?
A study by Ahrefs found that 43.7% of top-ranking pages on Google consist of reciprocal links.
Which is the hardest part of digital marketers?
65% of digital marketers think that building backlinks are the hardest part of digital marketing.
Ranking Factor Statistics
If you are facing issues with your website ranking, then these factors are surely going to be helpful for you.
- In 2014, HTTPS became a ranking factor. 
- Mobile usability became a ranking factor in 2015. 
- Mobile page speed and user experience looks to be the next big ranking factor to focus on. 
- 49% is the bounce rate for the domains ranking in the top 3 search results. 
- Sites that ranks on the first page on Google have an average of 1890 meta words. 
- High quality content and link building are top 2 ranking factors in Google algorithm. 
Is HTTPS a ranking factor?
Yes, HTTPS is an important ranking factor as it offers secured websites.
What are newly introduced ranking factors?
Google recently added the two most important ranking factors which are mobile page speed and user experience.
Does bounce rate have anything to do with the ranking of websites?
It’s found that 49% is the bounce rate for the domains ranking in the top 3 search results.
Organic Search Statistics
Organic searches are the best way to get targeted audiences for your products and services. With the help of which you can get maximum engagement and sales out of your business.
- Google processes around 70,000 search queries every second. 
- 53% of website traffic comes from organic searches. 
- 95.88% Google searches are of four words or more. 
- Organic search drives ten times more traffic than organic social media. 
- 49% of marketers think that organic searches is the most profitable channel to drive traffic and sales. 
How many searches are carried forward on Google every second?
It is found that around 70,000 searches are done on Google every second.
Total amount of organic searches we get right now?
53% of website traffic comes from organic searches.
Which is the most profitable channel to generate traffic and sales?
49% of marketers think that organic searches are the most profitable channel to drive traffic and sales.
On-Page SEO Statistics
Let us have a look at some of the most important on-page SEO statistics that can help you enhance your website.
- 93% of Google owned traffic is based on HTTPS sites. 
- 36% of SEO experts think that title tag is the most important on-page seo element. 
- There’s a small correlation between keywords in title tag and high ranking. 
- 21% of marketers write for search engines, this sometimes helps in getting better on-page seo results. 
- 91% of content gets no organic traffic because of no proper on-page seo optimizations. 
Which is the most used HTTP or HTTPS?
93% of Google-owned traffic is based on HTTPS sites.
If we don’t focus on on-page SEO, then would we be able to get results?
91% of content gets no organic traffic because of no proper on-page SEO optimization.
Which is the most important element of on-page SEO?
36% of SEO experts think that the title tag is the most important on-page SEO element.
Off-Page SEO statistics
Here in this section, we are going to have a look at some of the must-know off-page SEO statistics, with the help of which you can generate better results.
- The average page on the top position of Google search page has around 35,000 external backlinks. 
- 65% of marketers say that link building is the most difficult off-page seo tactic. 
- More than 55% of web pages have zero backlinks pointing to them. 
- 91% of marketers optimize their social media profiles by addition relevant links to their social media account bios. 
- Top 4 ranked websites have more facebook activity than other or lower ranked websites. 
Does facebook activity help in better off-page SEO and ranking?
It is noticed that top-ranked websites have more Facebook activity than lower-ranked websites.
How to optimize your social media profiles for better off-page SEO results?
91% of marketers are optimizing their social media profiles by adding relevant links to the bio.
How many external backlinks should a top-ranking website have?
The average web page ranking top of the search engine has around 35,000 backlinks.
Let’s discuss all the important statistics you should be knowing about CTR:
- The top Google organic search results have around 31.7% CTR. 
- Organic CTR for position 7-10 is virtually the same. 
- Title tags with a question have higher CTR. 
- Moving up one spot in the search results will increase your CTR by 30.8%. 
- The top position gets 10x more clicks than the result on the tenth rank. 
What would be the CTR of a top search result on Google?
The top Google organic searches results will have CTR of around 31.7%.
Are CTRs different for every search ranking?
If we check precisely then the CTR for positions 7-10 is virtually the same.
What one thing we can add in the title tags for enhanced CTR?
We can add questions in it, title tags with questions have higher CTR.
Site Speed Statistics
Site speed plays a crucial role in better ranking in SERPs. Let us have a look at some of the site speed statistics to know:
- 1 out of 4 visitors will abandon a website that takes higher load time. 
- 46% of users don’t revisit poorly performing websites. 
- 64% of shoppers will never go to a low speed website and buy their products from other websites. 
- Even 1 second delay reduces the customer satisfaction by 16%. 
- Yahoo reduced its load time by 0.4 seconds and their traffic increased by 9%. 
Do you think a second change in speed can affect customer satisfaction?
Yes, even a 1-second delay can reduce customer satisfaction by 16%.
If we don’t work on-site speed and enhance it, would I be able to get results?
No, 1 out of 4 visitors will abandon a website that takes a higher load time.
Do people revisit poorly performing websites?
46% of users do not revisit poorly performing websites.
User Behavior Statistics
Here in this section, we will have a look at some user behavior statistics, which are as follows:
- 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a website that is poorly designed. 
- 85% of people think that a website on mobile should be as good as it is on desktop. 
- 38% of people will not engage with your website if the content or layout is unattractive. 
- 77% of agencies think that a bad website user experience is a weakness for their clients. 
- Easy loading images are important for a better user experience. 
One user experience thing that people hate about websites?
If your images are not loading at the right time, then users will move out of your website.
Should we develop different types of websites for both mobile and desktop?
85% of people think that a website on mobile should be as good as it is on desktop.
What is the biggest weakness for clients of the agencies?
77% of agencies think that a bad website’s user experience is a weakness for their clients.
SEO Statistics Roundup
I have discussed more than 100 important SEO statistics about backlinks, on-page & off-page SEO, voice searches within this post. Mobile SEO and many more such things. If you want to know about all the latest trends and stats on these topics, this post will surely help you.
You are right Voice search is the next big thing, and it has already started replacing traditional text-based searches.
Nowadays all things going technical and all your suggestions is very helpful and informative.