Still, looking for the best survey tools for academic research? Let me share my findings in detail after trying out 20+ different survey tools. Not all of them I felt can be shared in this article as each tool was not that much useful for academic research. So here I am sharing the top 10 survey solutions I liked.
Survey software is extensively used for getting feedback and response from a specific group of people.
With the help of survey tools you can directly collect comments, opinions, and feedback from people linked with academics and for that matter any given field.
The market is filled with a number of survey tools, and that’s why it can be a challenging task for users to pick the right option for themselves.
In this post, we will have a look at the 10 top survey programs for academic research along with their in-depth information.
While selecting, a few essential things to consider are data management, survey distribution, formatting, easy to use, survey analytics and reporting, and more. I have covered all these factors and made it easier to pick the most appropriate option for you.
What Is Academic Research Survey Software?
Academic research survey software is the one with the help of which you can fetch survey entries from students, researchers, and teachers from the academic field.
With this software, we can make it easy for students, teachers, and then for researchers to know about the final results.
The academic research survey software offers several integrations such as you can connect various forms, adding questions, connecting the tool with email marketing tools, customer support tools, security plugins, and more.
Features To Look for When Choosing the Best Survey Tool for Academic Research & Education Purpose
Although there are plenty of features that you can get with survey tools for academic research, here I am going to talk about some of the essential features to look at:
- Survey logic: This is one of the must-have features with which the tool uses previous answers to enhance the survey.
- Export data: With this feature, you can export your data to other tools.
- Question types: Several survey tools offer you just one type of question integration option, but make sure to pick up those tools that provide you with various kinds of question integrations.
- Embed surveys: You should find a survey tool that can offer you services for embedding surveys into emails and web pages. This will help you in the easy shareability of your surveys.
- Surveys and questions limit: One thing you all are going to hate is that there are plenty of survey tools that limit the number of survey responses and questions. Make sure you choose the right software that offers you the required amount of surveys and questions to post or unlimited.
Things To Consider Before Buying Academic Research Survey Solution
Here we are going to have a look at some of the most important things to consider before buying survey software for academic research, which are as follows:
- Security: If you are not investing in high-quality survey software for academic research, then you would not be able to get good security features, and hence there are chances that you may lose all your saved data.
- Theme options: Survey tools come with various themes for the surveys. If we are picking up the right theme for our academic research survey, we would drastically increase the response rates.
- Question types: Whenever you are picking up the right survey software for academic research, make sure to look at the question types offered to you from the tool. Nowadays, people prefer having more question types, as they provide variety to the audience.
- Appearance: Survey software offers several appearance elements like plenty of templates, drag and drop features and real-time updates with the help of which you can make your surveys more attractive.
- Support: You never know when you feel the need to get support for the tool that you have purchased. Always check the survey solution you are buying comes with some sort of support like live chat or email support.
List of Survey Software for Academic Research
For better research and surveys, you need high-quality survey software for academic research. Here I have created a whole list of the top 10 best survey tools for academic research, which are as follows:
WPForms are considered one of the best survey tools for academic research. Firstly, you can integrate it with your WordPress website, along with that it is easy to use and extremely powerful.
There are around four paid plans from which you can opt for the right one based on your needs.
- It comes with an easy-to-customize and adaptable nature with the help of easily customizing the forms as per your needs.
- Drag and drop features make it easier for users to design and create their surveys.
- It also has easy embed features along with spam protection.
- Basic plan with $39.50/year.
- Plus plan with $99.50/year.
- Pro plan with $199.50/year.
- Elite plan with $299.50/year.
- Offers you support to create marketing and subscription-based forms.
- Payment collection is easier.
- Mobile friendly.
- Quite pricey.
Qualaroo is the best survey tool for academic research, with the help of which you can gather feedback from students or anyone from your target audience. Within the tool, you would be able to get several features that help target the right persons and analyze the final feedback for you.
Although there is no free plan to offer, it comes with a 14 days trial with the help of which you can explore all features.
- Templates from Qualaroo come with a Net Promoter Score survey.
- It comes with advanced insights gathering features with the help of which you can easily know how your surveys perform.
- It helps you analyze customer feedback.
- Comes with a 14-day free trial.
- Essentials plan at $80/month.
- Premium plan at $160/month.
- Supports nudge systems that help to target your audience at the right time.
- Offers integrations like drag & drop, unlimited questions, and plenty of question types.
- Easy to use.
- It does not come with a free plan.
The next option from the list of top survey tools for academic research is ProProfs Survey, specially designed to use by educators, students, marketers, and organizations.
It has intuitive designs and working processes with the help of which you can easily reach more users and fetch better data. Real-time survey reporting is the best feature that you can notice in this tool.
- You would be able to track all your survey activities like the number of engagements and percentage of answers.
- Survey logic feature of the ProProfs survey tool is amazing, and it helps in customizing the surveys as per the audience.
- Predefined custom themes.
- Comes with a free plan.
- Essentials plan for $300/Year.
- Premium plan for $600/Year.
- Offers data as charts and graphs.
- Easily download survey reports.
- Comes with a free plan.
- No tickets based support system.
Several educational organizations use Qualtrics; it comes with plenty of data collection and data analysis features such as test surveys, and expertreview by iQ to easily carry forward your academic surveys.
If you are trying to carry forward an academic survey at a higher level, Qualtrics is one of the most unique survey software options. The designs are going to be amazing, and they will be extremely targeted towards your audience.
- You would be able to find several customization and flexibility options.
- Skip logic offers amazing support during lengthy surveys.
- Display logic is also an important feature of Qualtrics that helps in showing the questions to users only if conditions are met.
- Starting from $1500/year and goes up to $5000/year.
- Advanced online survey distribution channels are available.
- Good reporting interface.
- Plenty of questionnaire designs.
- This tool is very expansive.
Zonka Feedback CX platform is a multichannel survey and feedback software to transform the way for academic research. You can measure the right CX metrics including Net Promoter Score, Customer Effort Score, and Customer Satisfaction Score.
Take feedback and conduct surveys across multiple channels: iPad, Android tablets, smartphones, email, and SMS. View insightful reports to target customer delight and growth.
- Feedback management and closing the loop.
- Multilingual Feedbacks & Surveys.
- APIs, WebHooks, and Integrations.
- Skip Logic & Question Branching.
- Remote device tracking.
- NPS, CSAT & CES at a glance.
- Free plan for 15 days
- Essential plan starts at $24/month
- Starter plan at $44/month
- Professional starting at $79/month
- Growth starts at $169/month
- Enterprise starts at $429/month
- Easy to use survey builder
- Survey gets created in few minutes
- Amazing customer support
- Doesn’t have an option to change the font on the welcome screen.
Quickly create professional surveys and easily reach up to your target audience with the help of Survey Monkey. You would be able to get in touch with your team or community within the tool using its communication features.
This tool also does not offer any free plan and starts from a paid $25 per month.
- Powerful survey analysis feature.
- It comes with an efficient support service.
- You can easily integrate SurveyMonkey with the daily use tools such as team management, global settings, enterprise-only integrations, and more.
- It comes with a free plan.
- Individual plan for $27.88/Month.
- Team Advantage plan for $33/Month.
- Great for data collection.
- Visually appealing.
- Easy to customize.
- Problem with formulating the survey questions appropriately.
7. Smart Survey
Smart Survey is an online survey solution with the help of creating business and academic-based surveys efficiently. One of the most prominent Smart Survey features is that it offers you complete customization, comes with several ready-to-use templates, and many more.
It comes with a basic plan that is entirely free, but it also offers two different paid programs.
- Unlimited survey support from free plans.
- Question limit of 15 per survey with the free plan.
- Two-factor authentication is available.
- Business plan for $60/month.
- Professional plan for $30/month.
- Comes with a free basic plan.
- Not a tricky platform to use.
- UI looks great.
- Implementation is easy.
- Lesser exported data types.
8. Question Pro
When we are talking about creating powerful online surveys for academic research and other such organizations, QuestionPro is the best option for you. It is an easy-to-use software that comprises tools for creating, distributing, and analyzing online surveys.
There are a total of three plans available, and the first plan is free. If you are a single user, then you should go with the free plan.
- Outstanding customer support.
- Offers support to more than 30 question types.
- Integrated pop-up support is also available.
- Essential plan is free.
- Advanced plan is offered at $85/month.
- Team Edition plan is priced at $2999/year.
- Clean UI.
- Great layouts for your surveys available.
- Social media integrations.
- There are a few technical issues that take place sometimes.
SurveyGizmo is an easy-to-use platform with the help of which you can get outstanding reporting services. You can join or connect with multiple teams with the help of which you enhance productivity.
Moreover, this is also a reason SurveyGizmo has become a useful survey tool. Now SurveyGizmo is known as Alchemer.
- It comes with amazing integrations for survey distribution and data evaluation.
- You can attach various content types to your survey for better context to the audience.
- The analysis process is fast, and you get results within no time.
- Individuals and Small teams plan at $49/month.
- Professional plan at $149/month.
- Full access plan at $249/month.
- The easy survey building process.
- Numerous question types available.
- Amazing reporting capabilities.
- Speed lags in the UI.
10. Survey Sparrow
SurveySparrow is an end-to-end survey management tool with the help of which you can carry forward any surveys, including academic research, business-based surveys, and more.
One of the best features present in this survey tool is conversational UI, with help of making your survey more engaging.
- Chat-like surveys feature enhancing the engagement of your surveys.
- It comes with an offline data collection opportunity.
- 360-degree assessments to evaluate all the visitors to your survey.
- Business plan comes at $149/month.
- NPS plan comes at $249/month.
- Enterprise plan comes at $449/month.
- Multilingual surveys.
- IP restrictions available.
- Effective user management service.
- Analytics are a bit difficult to use and fetch details.
TypeForm is an impressive data collection tool with the help of creating surveys fast and easy. Users can easily design highly interactive surveys, and you can take advantage of support for logic jumps.
- Integration with applications is available.
- Beginner-friendly platform.
- Develops easy to complex forms.
- Essentials plan at $35/month.
- Professional plan at $35/month.
- Premium plan at $70/month.
- UI looks great.
- Easy integrations.
- Plenty of templates to choose from.
- Lack of few basic features.
Final Verdict: Which Is the Best Online Survey Tool for Academic Research?
Although we have discussed the 10 best survey tools for academic research, here we will discuss the top 3 options to choose, which are:
- ProProfs Survey
Qualaroo is one of the best survey tools for academic research, with the help of which you can create simple to complex surveys efficiently. It also offers you support for the nudge system then enhances the engagement of your surveys.
WPForms are an amazing survey tool option for you if you are trying to find a reliable integration for WordPress products. Within this tool, you get an integration for several other plugins that helps in your way.
ProProfs Survey is one such survey software with the help of getting the best data evaluation features. It directly creates your final data in the form of graphs and charts.
Quick Comparison of Best Survey Software for Educational Research
|Ready To Use Templates
|Customer Feedback Analyzing